Adherance to Combined Canadian Standards
Our inspectors are expected to operate to the highest level of Conduct, and as such our company abides by the combined Standards of Ethics and Codes of Practice of the Canadian Association of Home and Property Inspectors, and the Ontario Association of Home Inspectors.
Over and above the National Standards
In addition and above these we operate our to our own Standards.
Our inspectors will:
- perform their duties with fidelity to the public, their clients, with fairness and impartiality to all.
- avoid association with any enterprise of questionable character.
- avoid conflict of interest that will affect the outcome of the inspection.
- promptly disclose to his or her client any interest in a business which may affect the client.
- express an opinion only when it is based on practical experience and honest conviction.
- always act in good faith toward every client.
- make every effort to uphold, maintain, and improve the professional integrity, reputation, and practice of the home inspection profession.
- provide to each and every paying client a full copy of these codes of practice along with any inspection report.
Our inspectors will not:
- disclose any information concerning the results of the inspection without the approval of the clients or their representatives.
- accept compensation, financial or otherwise, from more than one interested party for the same service.
- accept commissions or allowances, directly or indirectly, from other parties dealing with their client in connection with work for which the inspector is responsible.
- offer commissions or allowances, directly or indirectly, to other parties dealing with their client in connection with work for which the inspector is responsible.
- allow an interest in any business to affect the quality of the results of their inspection work which they may be called upon to perform.
- use the inspection work a vehicle by the inspector to deliberately obtain work in another field.